Founded in 1991 the Polish Association for the Study of English (PASE), a non-profit-making organisation, member of the European Society for the Study of English (ESSE), is an association of Polish scholars whose research and academic activities concern the study of English in all its aspects, including literatures in English, the cultures of English-speaking countries, linguistics and the methodology of English language teaching.
We encourage and support lasting multidisciplinary cooperation between and among individual scholars as well as English Departments in Poland – and Europewide. The activities of PASE are designed to foster the development of academic contacts among researchers within English studies in Poland and abroad.
Our activities include:
- organizing workshops, seminars and symposiums as well as annually-held conferences featuring all aspects of English studies;
- working in partnership with other ESSE member organisations;
- providing funding for research visits of PASE members;
- publishing a scholarly journal Polish Journal of English Studies;
- participating in the work of competition boards of ESSE awarding prizes to books about English studies, bursaries and book grants.